Anybody know what's up with the Basin?
Come play Seven Lances! We've got a nice empty server that is longing for people to come keep it company. If everyone goes and plays over there, then there will be people on it, interacting with eachother, and safe from the public games. (I can't figure out how the passwordage is working on East now...)
Scientist by Day
Sorceress by Night
Refrigerator,Sep 23 2003, 02:46 AM Wrote:EDIT:  Added the quote for non-threaded viewers... like you.
:ph34r: :ph34r:

How did you know? :blink:
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
GAH!!!

Cant take it any longer.

No Basin makes me suffer. ALOT!

Please, bring it back online, the sooner the better

-Neutrality-
Phase 1: steal underwear
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: profit
*Took 5 mins to find reply button

*Also registered due to having to do cold turkey

Thanks to everyone working hard to fix this, didnt know quite how much time I spent there until I couldnt :P .

P.S. Hunkey does aprox 23 hours of AFKing every day, so dont let it worry you.
Quote:P.S. Hunkey does aprox 23 hours of AFKing every day, so dont let it worry you.
I remember partying with his Paladin named UberCoward or something similar in a hell game on sunday. so, he _does_ play sometimes ;)
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining, or testing your
code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
AllWeasel, nlx, ReptileHouse, and ZenDragon are all still hard at work getting the Basin server back in working condition. As you might expect, taking an empty box and making it web-server ready takes quite a bit of planning and tons of testing. Everyone is working together to ensure possible holes are closed, patches are installed, and all the acronyms (PHP, MySQL, FTP, SSL, SSH) work together harmoniously.

AFTER all that is done, they will begin the process of importing the old data into the new machine. I can’t promise anything, but we’re hoping to move to version 1.2 of the forum software as well as rid ourselves of the pesky database corruption we’ve been experiencing lately. We’ve all got our collective fingers crossed.

I apologize for the delays in getting things back in order, but the Basin TechCrew™ are on it – nearly ‘round the clock. I owe them big-time for this one.
TPJ • Founder, The Amazon Basin
TPJ,Sep 23 2003, 07:08 PM Wrote:AllWeasel, nlx, ReptileHouse, and ZenDragon ...&nbsp; the Basin TechCrew™ are on it – nearly ‘round the clock. I owe them big-time for this one.
As do we all.

Thanks for the update, boss.

Sailboat
TPJ,Sep 23 2003, 07:08 PM Wrote:AllWeasel, nlx, ReptileHouse, and ZenDragon are all still hard at work getting the Basin server back in working condition. As you might expect, taking an empty box and making it web-server ready takes quite a bit of planning and tons of testing. Everyone is working together to ensure possible holes are closed, patches are installed, and all the acronyms (PHP, MySQL, FTP, SSL, SSH) work together harmoniously.

AFTER all that is done, they will begin the process of importing the old data into the new machine. I can’t promise anything, but we’re hoping to move to version 1.2 of the forum software as well as rid ourselves of the pesky database corruption we’ve been experiencing lately. We’ve all got our collective fingers crossed.

I apologize for the delays in getting things back in order, but the Basin TechCrew™ are on it – nearly ‘round the clock. I owe them big-time for this one.
So I take it that this was more than a power-outage issue, then? Was this hurricane related, or was that just a coincidence?
MongoJerry,Sep 23 2003, 04:17 PM Wrote:So I take it that this was more than a power-outage issue, then?&nbsp; Was this hurricane related, or was that just a coincidence?
There were security concerns expressed by the host.

This had nothing at all to do with the hurricane. Our host is in Texas.
TPJ • Founder, The Amazon Basin
TPJ,Sep 23 2003, 08:28 PM Wrote:There were security concerns expressed by the host.

This had nothing at all to do with the hurricane. Our host is in Texas.
Security Concerns...?

Is that a "nice" way to say... basicly

Someone Haxxored our Boxxor?
Mephista,Sep 23 2003, 02:05 PM Wrote:I can't figure out how the passwordage is working on East now...
On Saturday we were exchanging passwords with trusted people known to us via whispers on bnet.

== OT -- Beer ==

* jfbrown42 Passes around good Canadian beers. (I'm in Toronto on a business trip with very limited Internet and no bnet access.)

The AB outage has been hard to take, but as a security geek, I'm totally in support of the Tech Team. Is there anything they need that we can provide?
Amazon Basin Member
"This is my mistake. Let me make it good." - REM
And yet another Basin refugee finds their way to Atma's Tavern. Funny that you only realise how much you depend on something when its not there... :)

Thanks Bolty for the blankets and beer? (Odd drink for refugee camp). And thanks to all the AB Tech gurus for all they've done behind the scenes and the rest of us haven't noticed til now!
Thanks for the update, James. Ya, the withdrawal is pretty intense. :P
Are Diablo II sites being systematically attacked? I notice that Diabloii.net doesn't seem to be responding, either. Bolty, better lock down the lounge!
Thanks for the updates TPJ, and a big thanks for the welcome Bolty! Yet another die-hard basiner finds himself among familiar names. The forum tells me there is another warthog here? Maybe it was actually a previous registration of mine, now I have to use the_warthog. I sure hope you are right TPJ that no info from our forums is lost, and as always I'm cheering for our great ab tech team! Go team weasel!
Damn. I was wondering what was going on.

Of course, this means that all things AB-related are down, no?
beer for basin techteam™ and boss™!

anything ab-related? the usual - make sure its friendly. show some class. be nice. and enjoy the game. :)
Yeah - all that! No bot in the channel of course - I am told it is hooked into the same server as the forums. So no forum on which to report that lack of a bot, and no bot to report the lack of a forum.

I am all adrift! :D

Thanks for letting us all unroll our sleeping bags on the floor here!
Howdy!

any estimate on when the forums are back *twitches*

it was lucky i ran into sailboat on b.net today heh, we've been very confused over at the EQ guild heh, so it was nice to find out what was going on at last :)

Giz
* evap wanders in with brownies for everyone.

Yes, it's true, they really will let anyone into this place.

I'm trying to get my daily forum fix via the Dreu Noctem forums, but it's just not the same.

*twitch* *twitch*

evap