Anybody know what's up with the Basin?
The host, the host, the host is on fire...? :blink:

Hopefully it'll be back soon enough then. Thanks for the updates on this and LL for being a nice host.:)
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
/wave

Hi, everyone!

*looks around*

Hey, where's teep?
:D

Nice that this thread is kept around...it seems to come in handy from time to time.
I'm far from the highest authority on this but one of the D2 guild mods (spear of light?; don't remember for sure) told me that AB's ISP was "down" and that they were trying to, but having trouble with, re-booting their servers. As a result, the Blue Boards, all guild boards and WT were off-line.

Please comment if you have further info (and site source plz)
Heather posted the latest info, Celtic. LK popped into channel to update us on the status of the boards. Lets just say we need to be patient. No firm timeline was given-range was from 12 to 48 hours, and that was just speculation. Lets be thankful that the nice people at the Lurker Lounge give us a place to hang out. *Goes off to get some fresh white chocolate mint cookes to replace the slightly stale ones*
Comes a time when you're driftin'
Comes a time when you settle down

Neil Young
Heres hoping everything is ok..

What really bothers me is the outstanding reported post in my inbox.:P
If you're jonesing for the forums, come hang out on the IRC channels. Download your favorite IRC client (I have mIRC, available at mirc.com), then connect to any random Gamesurge server. Once connected, then use the "join" command to get to AB's channels. The Guild Wars folks are on #ab-gw while the general Basin channel is #AmazonBasin. The join command is to type /j channelname (i.e. /j #ab-gw or /j #AmazonBasin). Please note that it's possible to join multiple channels.

For those of us using voice, there are alternatives. Ask in the Guild Wars channel.

It also might be an idea to download Xfire (www.xfire.com) and find out which of your buddies is on xfire so that you can message them in game to find out where they are and what they're up to. I have my xfire up. Xfire also has a voice program, so groups should be able to chat together, though it's not nearly as social as TS can be.

--ceolstan
In worlde we ware kast for to kare
To we be broght to wende
Til wele or wa, an of tha twa,
To won withouten ende.
Well, just wish my return here didn't have to be under these cirumstances:P!

But, nice I suppose, old memories none the less....

JELLO anyone?;);)

Now when will we have our Basin back? :mellow:

RTE:P:ph34r::shuriken::D:whistling:
Ran off to the Amazon Basin
<span style="color:#999999">*Waves at Ergates, Heather and Sir Ash* :P

edit : and to MsKitty who logged on just now :w00t:
LordKestrel came into #ab-gw briefly to give an update. The server admins have had to do a restore of the old server. The current hosting company is being unresponsive to open tickets, so tasks that should be completed quickly are taking much longer than they should. No ETA on forums being brought back online, though LK remains hopeful that they'll be up by next weekend.

In the mean time, welcome to those of you who've popped into the unofficial AB IRC channels. Generally, they're fairly relaxed. If you want to go afk for a long time, to let the world know that you're going afk, use the /nick command. So if I wanted to show I'm afk, I'd type "/nick ceol|afk" and my new channel handle would be ceol|afk

IRC nicks can be one word.

To have a private conversation, just double click on someone's name to get a new window pop open. Type what you want to say.

--ceolstan
In worlde we ware kast for to kare
To we be broght to wende
Til wele or wa, an of tha twa,
To won withouten ende.
Thanks for the update :wub:

Good luck all you tech team members!
Thanks for letting us rest here, Bolty.

Heya all!:)
Like sands through the hourglass,

these are the Days of our Lives.

That's what it feels like without our normal home.

But just like a great ***** star hotel,

The Lurker Lounge is a comforting place to hang out.

Thanks Bolty and your crew for welcoming us.

And thanks to our tech team for the hard work of getting us back up and running.

<span style="color:cyan">Ice
<span style="color:cyan">Icewind on the Amazon Basin

<span style="color:lightsalmon">A Soldier's Prayer
I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life;
I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.

<span style="color:mediumorchid">ALL GAVE SOME . . . . . . SOME GAVE

<span style="color:red">West Hardcore Exclusively
New? Check out: Welcome Mat

<span style="colorConfusedalmon">West Channel Coordinator
<span style="color:cyan">E-mail=icewind@theamazonbasin.com
Icewind=<span style="color:tan">cool farts

Blog: Icewind's Ramblings
Havent been here in a while. Thanks to the LL team for being so good hosts :D:D:D

And I hope everything turn out ok at the Basin :D

Iceman (aka Coldheart at the Basin)
AKA Coldheart at the Basin.<!--fontc--><!--/fontc-->
/sigh !!!

It's much more of a challenge to procrastinate while at work now:)

Looking forward to getting our little slice of heaven back.

Zak
* silly girl waves
<span style="color:#3366FF">Playing wow with the Basin
3 cheers for the hosting company.....errrrm, I mean 3 raspberries:P

It's a good thing I'm not on the tech team, It didn't occur to me to check the channel for news until I was in bed last night, and it didn't occur to me to check LL until I got into work this morning.

GO GO SUPER BONEHEAD NON-THINKING POWAHS!!!111!!!oneoneone

Well, glad to see it's an ISP issue, and not Teep taking his Happy Super Fun Ball and going home. <whew>

Thanks Bolty and crew for putting up with the wandering AB Refugees, we'll try to keep our tent-city clean and free of flowing bodily wastes until our ISP usurpers relinquish our homeland.
US East Administrator on The Amazon Basin

[Image: mikeandroe.png]
:shuriken: pokes his head out of a hole in space.....Waves, Hi all!
Its Alive!

Well the server test page anyway.
"We're sorry, but the Amazon Basin website is still down. It will be back up as soon as possible, although we have no ETA at this time."