Anybody know what's up with the Basin?
Been down for over 12 hours now, and due to the frequency of the password changes, I'm locked out. Don't think I'm alone. The entire site is kaput.

Brista, I know you frequent both of these boards. Do you have any insight or are we all just in the dark?
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
Oh, well at least that explains why I could not get there this morning. I thought the problem was with me.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
yea... what's up with the basin... and the blizzard forums for that matter... :unsure:
muffins for all!
Unfortunately it seems the Basin is pretty much offline. No idea when we will be back online, but I would assume it will be way before 1.10 is released.

The popular theory in channel on east is that it is related to the hurricane, but we don't know right now.
KS
Grr, I thought I was replying to the other thread.

I did not want to make a new thread for this. Out of my element -- mostly used to basin forums.

Edit: Thank you kindly, Lem.
KS
Merged your thread with this one.

-Lem
I've also been having problems getting on-line to the Basin. Everyone in the West channel was afk and there was no bot. Hurricane theory sounds plausible, though, we shall see. :)

Lula
Curses.

I guess the extremely few hardcore games will be even fewer with folks not wanting to take risks. I have homework to do anyway...
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
We are using yesterday's password, or just using private games.
Yes, I've been told we've lost electrical power to the server. I don't know if it's hurricane-related but that sounds plausible. The good news is that it's certainly temporary, and presents no technical challenge. The bad news is that it's bigger than just a computer game site problem, and we can't be sure when the power company will get the juice back on.

In the meantime, I'd like to ask people to just carry on with class and friendliness and we'll all be fine.

And speaking of class, a tip of the helm to the Lounge folks for helping us get the word out. :)

Sailboat
Thank you for this topic. I was wondering what happened to tAB.
Hi sails!

Yep, the official word is the hurricane took us down. no word on when we're coming back up.

Danno
Come play games with us, we're all still there :D
warmest greetings to everyone of the lurker lounge and hail to you bolty.

just wanted to say thank you to the lurker lounge for the hospitality you extend to us of the amazon basin
in our time of need.
the lurker lounge is known to be a home to diablo and diablo 2 players of good character.

www.theamazonbasin.com
if u haven't before - pay us a visit when we are back in the sadle.

thanks,
Hjuki AB® community member
[Image: hlinready02gt1.gif]
<span style="color:tan">h j u k i<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
<span style="color:goldenrod">amazon basin member
the amazon basin
<span style="color:green">___________________________
One good thing about it, the outage finally drove me to check out this excellent site. My thanks also go out to the LL.
Amazon Basin Member
"This is my mistake. Let me make it good." - REM
Er Hjuki,

If you haven't caught on, many Lurkers are also 'Basiners. We know eachother quite well, which is why we made this forum thread :P . But thanks for your er...hospitality!

-Wapptor
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
I noticed it being down on Friday night, methinks, was busy all day Satuday, but it was down when I left in the morning then too. They were up on Friday, during the day because I remember using them...
Scientist by Day
Sorceress by Night
heya wapptor -

it was good to run into you again last night on the battlefield.

minor nits:

1)
Quote:if u haven't before - pay us a visit when we are back in the sadle.

the proper spelling is, of course: saddle

and 2)
Quote:If you haven't caught on, many Lurkers are also 'Basiners . . .

hey i know that !! if you were to compare my 'joined' date from amazon basin and the original 'joined' date here at lurker lounge
(not the one of 22-February 03, but the original date in my signature; 11-Oct-02)
you'll see i have been lurking here equaly as long. i did not mean to come off sounding like i've just fell off the turnip truck. i think one of the fun parts of gaming and roleplay in general is the chance to comport one's self in a formal or more composed manner. it was also a chance to thank and speak well of the lurker lounge and its members in a public forum. so what if every person reading that post would obviously have to have BEEN to the lurkerlounge to read it in the first place.

i think we are today, a better community of gamers for having the lurker lounge to visit.

i wont even go into what i think about my beloved amazon basin . . .
would bring a tear to your eyes, it would.
[Image: hlinready02gt1.gif]
<span style="color:tan">h j u k i<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
<span style="color:goldenrod">amazon basin member
the amazon basin
<span style="color:green">___________________________
is it just that the servers have no power or were they flooded in the storm?
-Tempus-
Only play PoE now.
jfbrown42,Sep 21 2003, 10:01 AM Wrote:One good thing about it, the outage finally drove me to check out this excellent site. My thanks also go out to the LL.
Right on JF!! Excellent site here LL. Heard about it but never took the time to visit - glad I did.

Keep up the great work.
HAPPY GAMING EVERYONE!!

Amazon Basin Moderator
AB Reveler Leader

East Realm

"Buzzards gotta eat - same as worms" (spit)