Am I the oldest one here?
Occhidiangela,Apr 27 2005, 09:29 AM Wrote:So far, I think that means you own the rights to the "silver gamer" title.  Or maybe the "Silver Lurker."  I think adding Silver Lurker under you avatar would be sweet.

And it aint the age, Jim, it's the mileage.  :D

Occhi
[right][snapback]75380[/snapback][/right]

As my favourite uncle says: "Once you are over the hill, the going gets easier." :D Since he is 86 and still cruising along just fine, I am willing to accept his testimony.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

ShadowHM,Apr 27 2005, 12:12 PM Wrote:As my favourite uncle says:  "Once you are over the hill, the going gets easier."  :D    Since he is 86 and still cruising along just fine, I am willing to accept his testimony.
[right][snapback]75400[/snapback][/right]

Better to be over the hill, than buried under it!!
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Alram,Mar 11 2005, 09:55 PM Wrote:I remember
Having a large collection of 45 RPM records.
My mom's records were 78 RPM.
[right][snapback]70446[/snapback][/right]
I know how to use my mom's old record player. That's pretty obscure knowledge for a 19-year-old. I think all the records she still has (a fair large number) are big 33 1/3s.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Alram,Mar 11 2005, 08:55 PM Wrote:I remember:.......> "My Reply"

Carrying around a slide rule for physics class..."Ditto"

The best music was on AM radio..."Alan Freed 50's Rock & Roll"

Having a large collection of 45 RPM records..."Ditto 50's Rock & Roll"

My mom's records were 78 RPM..."None" my Uncle Bill got me hooked on Broadway Musicals & Light Opera, Nelson Eddy & Jannett McDonald...Gilbert & Sullivan @ 33 1/3"

Color television did not exist..."Purchased my first color TV in 1963, a 21" RCA I think...I'm getting Old my memory is fading"

They showed double features at the movies--all the time..."and a Cartoon"

A candy bar costed 5 cents..."Oh Yes, & penny candy that you could mix-n-match & purchase by the Bag"

A slice of pizza costed as little as 15 cents, except at Johnny's Pizzeria where you could buy a square slice for a dime..."a Slice & a Soda for 25 cents"

Big fins on cars were cool..."YES !!!  like on my 1960 White Caddy Convertable with Red leather"
[Image: cad60u.jpg]

I Like Ike..."Ditto & Nixon"

They had a computer on the Art Linkletter show which was huge--the size of an entire wall..."hmmm never liked that show...Cid Caesar's Your Show of Shows.  made me laugh"

Playing Pong in black and white at an arcade..."Yes, got one for the Kids"

Not becoming a computer programmer because I hated punch cards..."not becoming a Doctor or a New York City Policeman...in hind sight I wish I had stayed in the Navy"

[right][snapback]70446[/snapback][/right]

Hi,

ahhhh yes the Good Old Days [40's, 50's early 60's] I was to young to remember the early war years of the 40's...I was born Nov 30th 1941, 7 days before Pearl Harbor. I feel sorry for all those who did not experience them...YET I'm sure that people say the same about the 70's, 80's & 90's since they Did experience them :P

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.