What is the worst feeling ever?
The worst physical sensation I ever had wasn't bad because of the sensation itself, but rather the idea of what it was leading to.

I was skiing in Stratton with my ski club one day. We kept doing trails on the top half of the mountain, and were using the same trick-laden trail to get to the bottom. I was getting bolder and bolder on a particular jump each time, and one time got too bold.

I took the jump at full speed one time, not doing my usual turn at the end to slow down. When I landed, the force from the landing made me fall backward. Unfortunately, my back landed flat on my skis, and my skis were pointed straight towards a dropoff into a forest. All I felt was the snow pushing up my back while I saw glimpses of the end of the trail. It took as much concentration as I could muster to lift my upper body and push the skis out in front of me to stop.

It was not too painful, a little cold, but the worst part was realizing what would happen if I didn't stop before falling into the trees. Needless to say I've been reluctant to take jumps at full speed ever since.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Hmm, everyone mentioning bad sounds, but none said the sound of forks/knives scratching ceramic?

Also, mosquito bites where they shouldn't be. :blink:
Less QQ more Pew Pew
DeeBye,Mar 5 2005, 01:28 AM Wrote:I just accidently sat in about 4 inches of snow while wearing pyjama pants.  Now my pants are soaking wet, and the wetness has crept into my drawers.  Wearing wet pants (and underpants) is one of the worst physical sensations ever.  I hate it.

I changed into a dry pair of pants to finish this post.

What is the worst physical feeling?  Wet underwear does it for me, as does tin foil in the mouth.  Broken bones don't count, because that's another thread.

Other physical feelings I hate:

-drinking orange juice after brushing my teeth
-the sound of styrofoam rubbing against anything
-the sound of ice rubbing against ice
-needles of any kind -- I am terrified about letting a thin metal tube slide its way into my bloodstream
-sunburns
[right][snapback]69802[/snapback][/right]

1. Falling out of an airplane and wondering, for just a moment, whether or not your parachute is still on.

2. When the dentist is probing with that metal hook, on a molar, and finds a weak spot . . . and hits the nerve. NGGGGGGGGUUAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Mar 7 2005, 10:52 AM Wrote:2.  When the dentist is probing with that metal hook, on a molar, and finds a weak spot . . . and hits the nerve.  NGGGGGGGGUUAAAAAAHHHHHHH!
[right][snapback]69894[/snapback][/right]

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Speaking of Mosquitos, when a mosquito flies directly next to your ear for hours on end while you try to sleep and you just beg the bugger to bite you and be done with it but he continues buzzing away at the insides of your ear!
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
constipation

/end thread
Level 60 UD Mage - Spirestone
Level 20 Troll Rogue - Spirestone
How about constipation + gas? Though that'd be more along the pain lines...
Less QQ more Pew Pew
I have IBS.

I don't want to hear about constipation or gas.

/Breaks wind at will.

//Long ones too... Can crack a 30 second fart with out even trying.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Hearing fingernails on a blackboard is bad enough, accidentally scraping your nails on it and having that feeling travel up your tissues into your forearm is awful.

Travelling over a mountain pass or on an airplane and having an ear that refuses to pop - for a day or two.

Having an eyelash stuck up under your lid where you can't get at it.

Cutting you fingernails or toenails too short and exposing that tender area. Every time that digit touches something for the next few days knowing it's completely your fault that it hurts.

Having a kitten hanging off of you by one of those needle sharp claws.

Getting a paper cut from corrugated cardboard while unpacking automotive batteries.

Having a baggy swimsuit and swimming through a school of fry (very small fish).

A coworker says the feeling he gets when someone is crushing styrofoam is terrible.

Leaving on a long road march, knowing you won't be able to stop for quite a while, and having the edge of that boot sole/ammo can/mess tin poking you in the back with every step.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Trying to fall asleep when you're not drunk enough to just pass out, but still very drunk, can be an adventure. That whole "I'm laying down but the world is revolving around me" feeling always makes me want to get up and try to sober up a bit before trying to fall asleep again.

Soaking wet socks is another of my least favorite sensations.

Pants/clothes are annoying in general I have found. It took a couple of my housemates a week or two before getting used to me prowling around the house in my boxers :)

Bad pot. I've had some quite... interesting... stories as far as that is concerned. Thinking that a giant had picked me up and was twisting me was really, really weird recent experience to say the least.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Most of the ones I was going to say had been taken.

That nautious feeling where you feel too sick to stand up, you're just lying on the floor sweating like crazy, moaning in pain, and your vision is going blurry, and your stomach feels like it's bloated and swimming around, or maybe that it's not even there at all, and there's just this pit of poison in your belly. I hate that.

I also have a huge irrational terror of needles.

One thing that really really annoys me that I don't get a lot anymore, is when... I'm not sure exactly what it is, I think it's where there's still a small film of dishwater soap on glass... cups, and you pick them up... it's like the feeling I get from cotton, except cotton isn't all that bad for me.

Also... extreme nervousness. Whether it's stage fright or whatever, it makes me feel physically sick. Bleh.
It's not really a physical sensation...

But you knowing that you should've done something.... but you didn't do it... and knowing that you're going to have to face the music very soon...

I hate that feeling... :shuriken:

EDIT: eye spel teh gudest
I have my own signature. Yay.
Zafarium,Mar 7 2005, 06:31 PM Wrote:It's not really a physical sensation...

But you knowing that you should've done something.... but you didn't do it... and knowing that you're going to have to face the music very soon...

I hate that feeling... :shuriken:

EDIT:  eye spel teh gudest
[right][snapback]69986[/snapback][/right]

I know exactly what you're talking about... Unfortunately, I get that feeling to often for my liking... :o
Yes...

Quite...

Me too!
I have my own signature. Yay.
I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier with all this needle talk... but how about when you get an injection, and they wiggle the needle! :wacko:
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Balloons squeaking against plastic.
The swish of gelatinous limbs when grossly obese people walk.
Eyebrow waxing.
Glass shattering. Not something getting chipped, but something turning into a load of shrapnel.
Powerful nausea that won't let you puke it out, that seems to come from your toes.
PANIC ATTACKS. These also seem to come from your toes.
The mammogram machine: two cold-as-ice paddles compressing the breast until right before it would start hurting.
The duck lips: I wouldn't be doing my duty as The Tolkien Chick if I didn't rebut the colonoscopy with a solid steel clamp going where no solid steel clamp should go and ratcheting open that which should be better left shut. :o
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Malakar,Mar 8 2005, 09:13 PM Wrote:I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier with all this needle talk... but how about when you get an injection, and they wiggle the needle! :wacko:
[right][snapback]70073[/snapback][/right]

I was once given an allergy medication by an inexperienced nurse, and she broke the needle off in my arm :(
Refrigerator,Mar 8 2005, 02:26 AM Wrote:I also have a huge irrational terror of needles. 
[right][snapback]69985[/snapback][/right]
What irrational about fear of needles? It's a very sharp piece of metal that someone is about to jab into you.

\me is afraid of needles too. I jumped out of the chair in the dentists once when I discovered that she was about to put a needle in my mouth, then I went to the dental hospital where they were very nice about it and had this thing called the 'magic wand' (or that's what they called it) which you could barely feel. I had two upper-jaw fillings ok but then they went for the lower jaw - after she took the needle out I fainted then threw up 5 times when I came round.
I've also had to turn down blood tests and a better acne treatment because of it.

Still it's liking needles that's irrational, it just proves Einstein's point that the vast majority of people are stupid.

*continues trying to justify fear of needles*

Other nasty feelings:
Accidentally swallowing a boiled sweet whole.
Hitting the wrong spot

-Bob
Rabies shots.

Most... Unpleasant.

The needle is like the size of a #2 pencil lead. And it looks to be about half a foot to maybe one mile in length. My best estimate would be aircraft carrier sized.

I dunno about now and if it's changed, but when I had this done, they had to keep the vaccine near freezing right up till the time of injection. So when they squirted it in, you could feel this ice cold liquid oozing around your body, through your blood vessels, traveling up and down your arms and legs. And when it hits your heart... UGH.

And chemical stress tests. Those are injected into the vein in your arm ice cold as well. This glow in the dark yellow cold as hell stuff. You can feel it creep through your veins... **Shudder** :wacko: You can actually see it GLOWING a sickly yellow glow as it travels up your arm under your skin.

Oh I can't believe I forgot this one... But leaches. I HATE LEACHES!!! I can't stand the disgusting little bastards. Just thinking about it makes me want to blow hot chunks. :blink:
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Mar 9 2005, 02:41 PM Wrote:You can actually see it GLOWING a sickly yellow glow as it travels up your arm under your skin.

Did you try hitting the Doctor to permanently remove 1 of his HP's??

-D