What is the worst feeling ever?
I just accidently sat in about 4 inches of snow while wearing pyjama pants. Now my pants are soaking wet, and the wetness has crept into my drawers. Wearing wet pants (and underpants) is one of the worst physical sensations ever. I hate it.

I changed into a dry pair of pants to finish this post.

What is the worst physical feeling? Wet underwear does it for me, as does tin foil in the mouth. Broken bones don't count, because that's another thread.

Other physical feelings I hate:

-drinking orange juice after brushing my teeth
-the sound of styrofoam rubbing against anything
-the sound of ice rubbing against ice
-needles of any kind -- I am terrified about letting a thin metal tube slide its way into my bloodstream
-sunburns

Wearing pants!

All those seams bunched up into delicate areas of male anotomy. Zippers. Hot sweaty swampy feelings on warm days. Hated it so much, I have stopped wearing pants.

Colonoscopy. Need I say more? I could... But folk would run screaming from this thread.

Prostate exams. See above.

Feeling an object enter your body that shouldn't be there. Deebye mentioned needles, but I would like to add to that list; bullets, knives, animal horns, teeth, and claws, a steering column from a volkswagen microbus, blowgun darts, splinters or otherwise sharp objects that slide up under your finger and or toenails, ornamental iron fences with those sharp pokey points, wooden stakes, nails, crossbow bolts or arrows, jacks, you know, kids play with these spikey little bits of metal and a ball, jacks, broken glass, burning hot metal shrapnel from something that just exploded, anything piercing your eyeball, forks, spoons, plastic legos slicing into your foot, aw crap I could go on, but I wont. Oh, one more thing. Harpoons definately DO NOT belong in the human body, use with caution.

Oh, getting snapped in a metal bear trap is not a pleasant sensation either. It is a varitable symphony of tactile stimulation of an unpleasant and uncomfortable nature.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
I assume "worst" physical sensations would exclude pain, as I'm sure we all have plenty of these. My situation is similar to yours:

When I was 12 years old, I went over my friends house to play some B.ball. The sun was just starting to set and it was getting cold out. My friend's neighbor, a 17-year old, saw some wet saw dust lying in a wheel barrrel and decided to shove two huge handfuls down my tight levi-pants as I stared tranfixed on my shot. Walking home with wet sawdust in your tight pants on a cold day is the worst physical feeling (short of pain) I have ever felt.

Other physical sensations I hate are when cold things touch my neck and a bunch of tiny -insects crawling all over you.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
DeeBye,Mar 4 2005, 11:28 PM Wrote:What is the worst physical feeling?[right][snapback]69802[/snapback][/right]

Well, excluding pain and anything to do with needles, I would say...Velvet.
Doc,Mar 5 2005, 03:45 AM Wrote:a steering column from a volkswagen microbus
[right][snapback]69803[/snapback][/right]

The story I am imagining in my head is absolutely hilarious.
DeeBye,Mar 5 2005, 07:28 AM Wrote:tin foil in the mouth

I never quite got that one, but chewing on wool, that is horrible!

-D
Thecla,Mar 5 2005, 03:28 AM Wrote:Well, excluding pain and anything to do with needles, I would say...Velvet.
[right][snapback]69806[/snapback][/right]

Rough velvet gives me the creeps sometimes. The worst for me is squishing cotton balls. Sends chills down my back just writing about it.

Cheers,

Munk
The sound of a balloon being rubbed on flesh, or when tiny teeth attempt to bite it, I just CANNOT stand it!

After not drinking for a long while and then going to sleep you at times wake up feeling as if something very dry is expanding inside your mouth, a very unnice feeling.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
DeeBye,Mar 5 2005, 02:28 AM Wrote:I just accidently sat in about 4 inches of snow while wearing pyjama pants.  Now my pants are soaking wet, and the wetness has crept into my drawers.  Wearing wet pants (and underpants) is one of the worst physical sensations ever.  I hate it.

What is the worst physical feeling?  Wet underwear does it for me, as does tin foil in the mouth.  Broken bones don't count, because that's another thread.

-needles of any kind -- I am terrified about letting a thin metal tube slide its way into my bloodstream
-sunburns
[right][snapback]69802[/snapback][/right]

Hi DeeBye

You have the damnest knack for dreding up old memories. :huh:

On the subject of wet pants: You conjured up a memory I thought I had firmly tucked away. :o

It happened back in Grade 3, on Valentine's Day. Back in those days, a can of pop was bigger than it is today, by a good two ounces. This is relevant, because I downed a whole can of it at our class party, which was cut short by school being dismissed early because of a blizzard. By the time the school bus finally made it to our street, I was suffering. We lived at the end of a dead end street which had yet to be ploughed, so the bus dropped my little sister and I off on the main street where the two joined. There were four snowdrifts to get through before I could get home, and each was much higher than I was tall. I made it through the first drift, but peed myself as I struggled through the second one. And then I had to struggle through two more in my soaking wet drawers/tights/boots to get home. It was awful. And my sister still claims she has not forgiven me for abandoning her in that second drift. :rolleyes:

As to other physical sensations I don't like: wet socks, blackflies crawling through the hair at the back of my head, water weeds trailing along my body while I swim. I am sure there are more, but those popped into my head immediately when I read your post.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

The nauseous feeling I get in the pit of my stomach after getting racked. It takes forever to go away.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
headaches that last a long time.

Itchy feelings from pants when they get sweaty or when I go to sleep in them.

The way an empty stomach feels when trying to throw up. Also the feeling everywhere elsewhen throwing up an empty stomache.

The feeling when your toes gety bent back too far and the tendons slideto the side of your foot.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
DeeBye,Mar 5 2005, 01:28 AM Wrote:I just accidently sat in about 4 inches of snow while wearing pyjama pants.  Now my pants are soaking wet, and the wetness has crept into my drawers.  Wearing wet pants (and underpants) is one of the worst physical sensations ever.  I hate it.

What is the worst physical feeling?  Wet underwear does it for me, as does tin foil in the mouth.  Broken bones don't count, because that's another thread.

-sunburns
[right][snapback]69802[/snapback][/right]
Ditto on all those, except the orange juice one. I don't drink orange juice, so I've never had that feeling.
Add on to that: the sound of people scrachting various types of fabric, the sight of people rubbing various types of fabric, pants/socks that are wet in just one spot (namely: the ankles), and probably some more I forgot about.
Doc, that's a lot of stuff. I still think needles is worse than most of them (except maybe anything you mentioned that is: hot, barbed, involving the eyes, or under the nails). Needles and flying, biting insects are my irrational fears. Especially mosquitos, which, interestingly enough, have their own needle-like things that they bite you with! :wacko:
Nah, insects on you aren't that bad. (I've had this happen to me on multiple occassions, with spiders, fire ants, etc). :blink: (Waits for Doc to top this story with that time he was covered in syrup and dipped into a pit of scorpions, vipers, bullet ants, black widows, and Africanized killer bees)
The worst sensation? No sensation when there should be! A couple years ago I was admitted to the hospital for massive ulcers of the legs that had been developing for a long time. Doctors I had seen had thrown around the 'A' word (amputation). When I was admitted, they would mess with the wounds and I would feel nothing. The lack of sensation was very scary. The second worst sensation? It was when feeling did come back, as they got better, and they scrubbed the wounds before the morphine syrup and vicodin took affect. It took three nurses to pull me back down from the ceiling. :blink:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Doc,Mar 5 2005, 02:45 AM Wrote:Wearing pants!

All those seams bunched up into delicate areas of male anotomy. Zippers. Hot sweaty swampy feelings on warm days. Hated it so much, I have stopped wearing pants.

Colonoscopy. Need I say more? I could... But folk would run screaming from this thread.

Prostate exams. See above.

Feeling an object enter your body that shouldn't be there. Deebye mentioned needles, but I would like to add to that list; bullets, knives, animal horns, teeth, and claws, a steering column from a volkswagen microbus, blowgun darts, splinters or otherwise sharp objects that slide up under your finger and or toenails, ornamental iron fences with those sharp pokey points, wooden stakes, nails, crossbow bolts or arrows, jacks, you know, kids play with these spikey little bits of metal and a ball, jacks, broken glass, burning hot metal shrapnel from something that just exploded, anything piercing your eyeball, forks, spoons, plastic legos slicing into your foot, aw crap I could go on, but I wont. Oh, one more thing. Harpoons definately DO NOT belong in the human body, use with caution.

Oh, getting snapped in a metal bear trap is not a pleasant sensation either. It is a varitable symphony of tactile stimulation of an unpleasant and uncomfortable nature.
[right][snapback]69803[/snapback][/right]

Sounds like you had a bad day yesterday! :P
WWBBD?
I think tin foil on teeth is worst for people who have metal fillings. I never had a problem with it, but I've also never had a cavity ;)

--Copadope
pakman,Mar 5 2005, 12:18 PM Wrote:The nauseous feeling I get in the pit of my stomach after getting racked. It takes forever to go away.
[right][snapback]69832[/snapback][/right]
I'd have to agree. Nausea, when you get those waves of hot sweaty, then cold and clammy punctuated by weakness, wobbly knees, and frequent trips to the commode.

I hate that.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Munkay,Mar 5 2005, 12:26 PM Wrote:Rough velvet gives me the creeps sometimes.  The worst for me is squishing cotton balls.  Sends chills down my back just writing about it.

Cheers,

Munk
[right][snapback]69828[/snapback][/right]
By far for me is the feel of the mesh straps that make up seatbelts. Run your fingernails between it, ugh, sends shivers up and down my spine whenever I think about it. Gives me nausea too. I think its just the texture of the material. GOD I hate it...

Unpopable zits that really should be popped, especially those INSIDE your nose. Those are by far the worst in the world. They rank a 1-2 out of 10 on my pain scale, so I don't consider them to be real pain, just amazingly annoying. Same goes for dried boogers with no tissue in sight.

Old car smell gives me the worst nausea, but I never actually have thrown up because of it.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
whathuh,Mar 6 2005, 02:13 PM Wrote:Unpopable zits that really should be popped, especially those INSIDE your nose.  Those are by far the worst in the world.  They rank a 1-2 out of 10 on my pain scale, so I don't consider them to be real pain, just amazingly annoying.
[right][snapback]69873[/snapback][/right]

I don't know about insiode the nose, but ones on my lip are really annoying.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)