What is the worst feeling ever?
Having to walk barefoot on a public pool's restroom/changing room's floor.

And I'll second Count Duckula on the Panic Attacks, that's just horrible!

-D
Daemon,Mar 9 2005, 10:00 AM Wrote:Did you try hitting the Doctor to permanently remove 1 of his HP's??

-D
[right][snapback]70112[/snapback][/right]

Oh my gosh that's funny. I got it right away. :lol:
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Count Duckula,Mar 9 2005, 07:40 AM Wrote:The mammogram machine: two cold-as-ice paddles compressing the breast until right before it would start hurting.

[right][snapback]70107[/snapback][/right]

Mammograms? At your age you shouldn't know about that sensation yet. :huh: I sincerely hope that the test results were negative, if you were prescribed one.

At my age, well...

The good news is that somebody is actually asking to see your breasts - and politely at that. :P
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Doc,Mar 9 2005, 09:41 AM Wrote:Oh I can't believe I forgot this one... But leaches. I HATE LEACHES!!! I can't stand the disgusting little bastards. Just thinking about it makes me want to blow hot chunks. :blink:
[right][snapback]70110[/snapback][/right]

Leeches are nasty little critters at the best of times. And, speaking of blowing chunks - I really really didn't want to be the messenger the day that I had to tell a friend that he had some stuck to his tongue. Do not go snorkelling in leech territory, boys and girls.
When civility survives,
I know nice from right.

ShadowHM,Mar 9 2005, 10:21 AM Wrote:Mammograms?  At your age you shouldn't know about that sensation yet.    :huh:    I sincerely hope that the test results were negative, if you were prescribed one.   

At my age, well...

The good news is that somebody is actually asking to see your breasts - and politely at that.  :P
[right][snapback]70117[/snapback][/right]

**Sing song voice**

Mammaries...! All exposed in the lamp light... I look back on the old days when I was beautiful and they were taught and tight... Let my mammories live agaaaaaaaaaain!

**Bows**

Thank you, thank you. You are too kind.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
DeeBye,Mar 9 2005, 03:32 PM Wrote:I was once given an allergy medication by an inexperienced nurse, and she broke the needle off in my arm  :(
[right][snapback]70108[/snapback][/right]

:lol: That's nothing I live in a developing country so, medication in pill form is very expensive here. Since I had some health problems I have received hundreds of injections over the years :P

Once I had to receive 3 injections a day and give blood for analysis every second day. What really hit me hard were the daily penincillin and weakly extencillin injections with no procaine, not even a calcium-water solution. :( That hurt like hell and even left me numb for a few hours on the right side of my body. :blink:

What really made me uncomfortable was that my arms and ass felt like swiss cheese and the fact that cysts of penicillin and water had developed in my buttoks! :ph34r:
It is a myth that the hair and nails grow after death! The skin shrinks, giving the illusion of their growth.

When J.F.K. was assassinated in 1963, it was not a federal felony to kill a U.S. President.

The leading cause of death to military personnel in peace time is drunk driving.

It would take more than 2.5 minutes to fall from the top of Mt. Everest.

0xDECAFBAD is a hex oddity, a coincidence of hexadecimal digits which just happens to hold some incidental semantic content to weird humans.
All this talk of needles reminds me of the airguns the military uses to immunize several hundred people in a couple of hours. A pistol sized device with space for up to 4 vaccine bottles along the barrel and an air hose attached to the grip is used to force the vaccine through the skin with a burst of compressed air. If you flinch it will tear your skin open. This ain't Star Trek. Now, imagine having one gun hit each arm at the same time and then having a third gun hit one of your arms again as you step away.

How about that feeling inside your nose when you have to sneeze. It sort of crawls around in your sinus area, perhaps to fade and come back a few moments later.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
ShadowHM,Mar 9 2005, 09:21 AM Wrote:Mammograms?   At your age you shouldn't know about that sensation yet.    :huh:    I sincerely hope that the test results were negative, if you were prescribed one.   

At my age, well...

The good news is that somebody is actually asking to see your breasts - and politely at that.   :P

For some reason, this evoked a vivid image of a smoke filled strip bar, right outside of a hospital zone, where a bunch of drunks are shouting to the burlesque dancer on stage:

"Show us yer tumors, please!"

*wanders off in search of more caffeine, the morning's dose obviously wore off*

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Mar 9 2005, 03:36 PM Wrote:*wanders off in search of more caffeine, the morning's dose obviously wore off*

Occhi
[right][snapback]70146[/snapback][/right]

*pours Occhi a full cup, and adds a bit of the Dooley's*

That may drive the hallucinations away, if only to replace them with something more soothing. ;)
When civility survives,
I know nice from right.

ShadowHM,Mar 9 2005, 02:53 PM Wrote:*pours Occhi a full cup, and adds a bit of the Dooley's*   

That may drive the hallucinations away, if only to replace them with something more soothing.    ;)
[right][snapback]70147[/snapback][/right]
Thank you so much Shadow, a true friend knows just what and when. The images of the naked Irish Polar Bears line dancing to Tchaikovsky's 1812 overture is so much more soothing . . . :D

Much obliged.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Mar 9 2005, 04:37 PM Wrote:,
Thank you so much Shadow, a true friend knows just what and when.  The images of the naked Irish Polar Bears line dancing to Tchaikovsky's 1812 overture is so much more soothing . . .  :D

Much obliged.

Occhi
[right][snapback]70150[/snapback][/right]

Oh oh..... :blush:

I must have added too much of the Dooley's... :P

The vodka part was what was causing the 1812 Overture. I really meant you to get Londonderry Air (aka Danny Boy) instead. Maybe not all that soothing if you listen to it with the lyrics, but definitely soothing if you eschew the lyrics and just get the music. :wub:
When civility survives,
I know nice from right.

ShadowHM,Mar 9 2005, 03:21 PM Wrote:Mammograms?  At your age you shouldn't know about that sensation yet.    :huh:    I sincerely hope that the test results were negative, if you were prescribed one.   

It did, thank goodness. The result of the procedure: inert material. I'm really not sure that having inert material in my breast is any more of a comfort. (Of COURSE it's inert material! It's FAT! That's what a boob is!)

But anyway.

Anyone ever have a scab on their scalp? Every time your scalp moves, it feels weird.
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
DeeBye,Mar 5 2005, 12:28 AM Wrote:I just accidently sat in about 4 inches of snow while wearing pyjama pants.  Now my pants are soaking wet, and the wetness has crept into my drawers.  Wearing wet pants (and underpants) is one of the worst physical sensations ever.  I hate it.

I changed into a dry pair of pants to finish this post.

What is the worst physical feeling?  Wet underwear does it for me, as does tin foil in the mouth.  Broken bones don't count, because that's another thread.

Other physical feelings I hate:

-drinking orange juice after brushing my teeth
-the sound of styrofoam rubbing against anything
-the sound of ice rubbing against ice
-needles of any kind -- I am terrified about letting a thin metal tube slide its way into my bloodstream
-sunburns
[right][snapback]69802[/snapback][/right]

Necrotic poison.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Oooh I can't believe I forgot this one.

Getting intestinal parasitic worms and having to be dewormed.

Unpleasant sensation?

You betcha.

It's like crapping out a couple of pounds of wiggling greasy noodles. Long, slippery, and gooey. Feels like your own guts are coming out. Some of these worms are quite long, and it takes a few minutes of huffing, puffing, and grunting to finish squeezing the nasty little bastards out. You almost want to reach down there, grab a hold of the dangling wiggling mass, and give it a good yank just to get it out. Or at least, I thought about it. I couldn't do it. Got to queasy.

:wacko:
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Mar 10 2005, 06:38 AM Wrote:Oooh I can't believe I forgot this one.

Getting intestinal parasitic worms and having to be dewormed.

Unpleasant sensation?

You betcha.

It's like crapping out a couple of pounds of wiggling greasy noodles. Long, slippery, and gooey. Feels like your own guts are coming out. Some of these worms are quite long, and it takes a few minutes of huffing, puffing, and grunting to finish squeezing the nasty little bastards out. You almost want to reach down there, grab a hold of the dangling wiggling mass, and give it a good yank just to get it out. Or at least, I thought about it. I couldn't do it. Got to queasy.

:wacko:
[right][snapback]70220[/snapback][/right]

Thank you Doc, you have now guaranteed that I am a far distant second to your leading scatalogia. :blink: Don't think I can ever catch up. Also, nice visual first thing in the morning. *shivers* This may take extra caffeine to remedy . . . and I can't add any Bushmills or Dooley's here at work.

Man, I miss the three Martini lunch. That was a fine institution.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Rinnhart,Mar 10 2005, 02:21 AM Wrote:Necrotic poison.
[right][snapback]70203[/snapback][/right]

O <dramatic pause> M <dramatic pause> G! "Although symptoms persisted, she did not seek medical attention until February 16, 1988, when she began to bleed from her ears and other orifices."

I'd say anytime THAT is a symptom, you are in big trouble. Tell me you were not actually bitten by one of these critters.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Doc,Mar 10 2005, 06:38 AM Wrote:Oooh I can't believe I forgot this one.
[right][snapback]70220[/snapback][/right]
It always amazes me what unpleasantness our brains can hide away.

As to your described sensation, the appropriate response would be eewwwwwwww! :blink:

[edit] Just after posting this I watched a woman giving birth on The Learning Channel. This forgetting mechanism must truly come into play. If it didn't, I would find it hard to believe a woman would want a second child after going through the first. I both salute and envy all women who choose to give birth.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Mar 10 2005, 02:51 PM Wrote:Just after posting this I watched a woman giving birth on The Learning Channel.&nbsp; This forgetting mechanism must truly come into play.&nbsp; If it didn't, I would find it hard to believe a woman would want a second child after going through the first.&nbsp; I both salute and envy all women who choose to give birth.
[right][snapback]70254[/snapback][/right]

The following is my opinion only. However, I have given birth to four children. :rolleyes:

Childbirth is hard work - an athletic endeavour. But you do have months to train for it. And you should (one would hope) have a suitable coach already available for the job.* Any job worth doing is worth doing right - and that means preparation, both physical and mental. It also means making sure that you choose your place of childbirth and your support staff with care, so that should things go awry, you will have confidence in your coach and staff to tell you the right things to do. At the end of the process, you have something more valuable than anything else you have ever worked for. :wub:

There are many reasons for choosing to have only one child. But the 'pain of childbirth' is not one of them.

Your salutes and envy should spring from another reason than the mere exertion of birthing a baby. After all, the really hard job - that of raising them to adulthood - has only just begun. Just ask any of the many other parents in this forum. B)

*(I know that there are many women who must go through childbirth without the benefit of the presence of a spouse to aid in this process. They do have my sympathy. But few of us are really without a suitable friend to play coach, should the father be unavailable.)
When civility survives,
I know nice from right.

The worst physical sensations!?

There are only five:

1. The felling I get in the morning (6:30 AM) when I have to get to school (7:30 AM) :mellow: It's that feling when you just want to sleep and not leave the warm bed ^_^ to change in the cold air of the room :unsure: , but can't ignore the fact you need to get up. :(

2. Having to change in the cold air of the room. :rolleyes:

3. Hearing the deep loud voice of my little brother (12) as random words constatly leave hi mounth! :huh:

4. Getting a wake up call from my brother and his deep loud voice that nufs out all other sound. :ph34r:

5. Watching people play Tibia! :o ::shivers:: :glare:

It's torture!!! It happens to me every weekday! :wacko:

Nothing else you guys posted scares me or disgusts me: no needles, no lice, no worms, etc. I've gotten used to B)

Exept childbirth :o RESPECT TO ALL THE MOTHERS OUT THERE!!!! :o
It is a myth that the hair and nails grow after death! The skin shrinks, giving the illusion of their growth.

When J.F.K. was assassinated in 1963, it was not a federal felony to kill a U.S. President.

The leading cause of death to military personnel in peace time is drunk driving.

It would take more than 2.5 minutes to fall from the top of Mt. Everest.

0xDECAFBAD is a hex oddity, a coincidence of hexadecimal digits which just happens to hold some incidental semantic content to weird humans.
Doc: Reminds me of an anatomy class where we dissected cats. One of the cats had a tapeworm approximately 1/4th as long as its entire small intestine. Can't imagine what that must have felt like on the way out. We then of course took the tapeworm and put it in someone's backpack and he didn't find it until 2 days later. Makes me giggle to this day.

What a great class that was in general... the final week we had a contest to see who could make the best finger puppets out of cat skin. Or the smell of preserved cat hearts that had been sitting in formaldehyde for 5 years.

Come to think about it, *that* was a pretty bad sensation. God that smell was horrible.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London