What is the worst feeling ever?
Mephista Wrote:Food poisoning: Inability to decide which end to put over the toilet.

If your bathtub is beside your toilet, you could just sit down and hang your head over the side and have at it. I've been there. Food poisoning and intestinal flu is horrible.
I usually sit on the toilet with a bucket between my knees if I can't decide which end needs more attention.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
jahcs,Mar 12 2005, 01:28 AM Wrote:I usually sit on the toilet with a bucket between my knees if I can't decide which end needs more attention.
[right][snapback]70468[/snapback][/right]

I bought my son a potty and I keep it in the bathroom. It is an excellent alternate expellant recepticle.
Griselda,Mar 11 2005, 02:14 AM Wrote:Waking up and realizing that you've slept on your arm for so long that it's not only "asleep", but completely numb.  In that brief period before I'm awake, every time I think I've lost my hand during that 2 seconds or so before feeling returns. :blush:
[right][snapback]70305[/snapback][/right]
I've occassionally slept on my stomach with both arms under my pillow, waking up with both of them completely numb. The fun part is trying to wriggle around and move one of them enough that the blood comes back and I can use it to move the other arm. I'm always afraid that I might roll the wrong way and blow some joint out of socket or strain something without knowing it because I can't feel the pain :o .

--Copadope
DeeBye,Mar 11 2005, 11:03 PM Wrote:I should have known better because she tried eating a cookie a few hours prior and she immediately barfed it all up  :wacko:

That reminds me of a very odd sensation I've felt before. The long and the short of it involved a collapsed left lung when I was the tender age of 18. Amongst the oddity's of the hospital visit I recall:

Before going to the hospital it felt like I had a cold. I went to a doctor, he gave me free allegra and I came home. Laying down I noticed my heart was beating very fast and very hard. The longer I layed down the louder it got. I went to the hospital after my mother could hear it beating from across the room. It felt like a finger was inside my chest, knocking on my ribs from the inside. Very odd. (The lung apparently rests just behind the heart, so the collapsed mass of my left lung forced my heart against my chest, hence the noise)

After local anesthetic on my chest, roughly 2 inches above my nipple I watched the doctor labourously shove a tube in my chest (he was grunting). I was wondering at the time why the nurse told me to sit on my hands :P . I could feel the tube going into me. No pain attached. But it was very odd.

Waking up from a minor thoratic surgery was pretty odd. I woke up with a quarter sized clear drainage tube running across my stomach. I couldn't see where the tube went into my side. Slowly inching up my side waiting to find the tube with my hand made every hair on my body stand on end.

The removal of the drainage tube was equally as odd. I layed on my side and was instructed to take a deep breath. So I did. Then I exhaled. And nothing had happened. So I figured on the third breath he would finally pull it. I took my second deep breath and *foomp* it was pulled out. I still can feel the tube being pulled out if I think about it.

All in all never too painful. Just... many odd feelings.

Cheers,

Munk
Munkay,Mar 12 2005, 06:41 PM Wrote:All in all never too painful.  Just... many odd feelings.
[right][snapback]70537[/snapback][/right]

That sounds like it should have hurt like hell.

I have a story kind of similar, but not so serious. When I was a wee lad, I managed to break a bone in my hand by punching something. I went to the doctor, and after some x-rays it was determined that I had a clean break of the hand bone that leads to the little finger. I was kinda surprised that I broke something because I felt no pain whatsoever. It was my mother that forced me to go to the hospital because she noticed that my hand was swollen up to twice it's normal size.

The doctor had to put the bones back into place, so he had me lay my hand flat on a table. He pressed his thumbs on the location of the break, and told me that it would probably hurt a lot. I winced in anticipation. He pressed down, and popped the bones into alignment. It made a really loud cracking noise. I waited for the pain to travel to my brain, but it never came. The only sensation I had was one of relief, like when you crack your knuckles when they are feeling stiff.
This reminds me of another bad sensation.

I used to pop my neck frequently. Usually it was just like popping your knuckles, but sometimes you'd feel the need to pop it, but it wouldn't pop easily, and you had to twist it harder. Then one night I had a dream where I broke my neck.

So then I decided it was time to quit popping my neck. Not easy. It's very difficult to resist popping it, when you have that feeling that you need to, and you know it'll just go away if you do. But after resisting the urge for a bit, it'd generally go away after a while. It would come bad frequently though, and get worse every time. At the height of it, I remember just laying on the floor, trying to focus on dealing with it and keeping myself from popping it.

I did manage to quit. I still pop my knuckles and toes, but they're a bit more 'disposable' than my neck. :D
Less QQ more Pew Pew