your favorite quotes
It's the power of the MODs!!

Stop swearing!!

Or I INSTABAN you!!

Foo!!
I have my own signature. Yay.
Archon_Wing,May 6 2004, 09:30 PM Wrote:What? Is this some kind of new power bar or something?  ;)

[Image: instaban.jpg]
Early indications show that our operation was a stunning success.
Exception EZeroDivide in module thievery.cgi at 00019F9D. Floating point division by zero.

This was recieved while attempting to steal from a province, and the province died during my request to steal. :) Been a long time since I've played, now. :P
All I have to say is...

We have enough youth. How about finding a fountain of smart?

edit: Ok, and I found another appropriate for the direction of this thread...

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

DeeBye,May 7 2004, 02:56 AM Wrote:[Image: instaban.jpg]
God bless you Dee.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
http://crookston.net/auntpolly/nljuly2000.htm

"Congress is so strange. A man gets up to speak and says nothing, nobody listens - and then everybody disagrees." - Boaris Marshalov
Quote:Last week I stated that this woman was the ugliest woman I had ever seen. I have since been visited by her sister and now wish to withdraw that statement. Mark Twain

Quote:Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel. Samuel Johnson

Quote:The President is the last person in the world to know what the people really want and think. James A. Garfield

Quote:He who laughs last didn't get it. Helen Giangregorio
Quality over quantity.
- BruceGod -
> Your wannabe rebel attitude impresses no one,

Yes - I am a wannabe rebel :) Better something than nothing?

* I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that do not work. - Thomas Alva Edison

(My success is martyrdom - bannish. You can only kill me by destroying my thoughts, not my words. My thought process is the same as when I was 7 - a kid - I am not insulted by being called so.)

* He who angers you conquers you. - Elizabeth Kenny

> and neither did the quotes that you took 5 minutes to copy and paste off from a google search

Actually, that would require too much effort =P

I have found all those while searching for another quote - it was a site with 580 ones. I then pasted them all in excel, randomized the order, made them as easy to read as possible (that was a lie, have only done it with a few, but will with all, eventually.

Have also added 100+ nietzhe quotes to the .xls.

), and there you have a really good quote search engine. :)

> A witty saying proves nothing -Voltaire

I should read up on him.

* Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action. - Benjamin Disraeli

* A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him. - David Brink

* If a small thing has the power to make you angry, does that not indicate something about your size?

* Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. - ?

* Be yourself, find yourself, then your dreams come naturally.

* Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

* We are so vain that we even care for the opinion of those we don't care for. - Marie Ebner von Eschenbach

> Profanity + Argumentative Posts AFTER Mod editting + Spamming = Ban. / ... and you can bloody QUOTE me on that.

Your empty words are nothing more than such.

* He who angers you conquers you. - Elizabeth Kenny

(We should all really migrate to deviantart. Free hosting, and a nice tree structure for conversation that doesn't require a million mouse clicks. Right now I won't quote who I replied to or reply to who I'm quoting, becuase this is all too confusing. If you want to ban me for that, ok. I will do better. Promise. Like press quote instead of reply. Sorry!)
Seas,May 7 2004, 08:13 AM Wrote:Yes - I am a wannabe rebel :) Better something than nothing?

* I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that do not work. - Thomas Alva Edison

(My success is martyrdom - bannish. You can only kill me by destroying my thoughts, not my words. My thought process is the same as when I was 7 - a kid - I am not insulted by being called so.)
*coughs*

Having lived with a few 7 year old children, I find your desire to cling to those thought patterns amusing.

On the other hand, a 7 year old who persists in annoying the adults does occasionally get banished to his bedroom for a 'time-out'. ;)

But thanks anyway. This whole contretemps has been an amusing adventure. Watching a temper tantrum that someone else has to deal with is a vicarious pleasure that I seldom get to enjoy.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Seas,May 7 2004, 08:13 AM Wrote:We should all really migrate to deviantart. Free hosting, and a nice tree structure for conversation that doesn't require a million mouse clicks.
We'll meet you there. ;) :P
What is the opposite of a temper tantrum?

I have met god.

I used the same thinking as when I was 7.

I believe stigmata exists.

I just figured this out as I wrote it. You can call that stupid randomness if you want. The nature is stupid randomness.

You are the only one I respect here. (respect + remember)

Art is whoring yourself. My heart is a whore. What's the opposite of art?

Most teen females I meet are 35.

You make a good mother.

The key to creativity is forgetting what you were just supposed to be doing.
Quote:(My success is martyrdom - bannish. You can only kill me by destroying my thoughts, not my words. My thought process is the same as when I was 7 - a kid - I am not insulted by being called so.)

Your martydom is no more than of a fly being slapped with a swatter.

But hey, that makes a good quote. :) I hope.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
'Everybody said, "You're not gonna do anything, you're not gonna win anything, you're not gonna finish anything." So I said, "Screw you"'
- Lance Armstrong - 5 time winner of the Tour de France

"Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose."
- Lyndon B. Johnson

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
- Walt Disney

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain

“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”
- Wayne Gretzky

"The man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd."
-Unknown

"In Germany, they first came for the communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Catholic. Then they came for me -- and by that time there was nobody left to speak up."
- Martin Niemöller

“A dwarf standing on the shoulders of a giant may see farther than the giant himself.”
- Robert Burton

“I must endure the company of two or three caterpillars if I hope to ever know the butterflies.”
- Antoine de Saint - Exupery

"I skate to where the puck is going to be, not to where it has been."
-Wayne Gretzky

"Music can name the unnamable and communicate the unknowable."
- Leonard Bernstein

Polonius: what do you read my lord?
Hamlet: words, words, words.
- Hamlet (II, ii)

“In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
- Desiderius Erasmus

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity.”
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Ideas are more powerful than guns. We don’t allow our enemies to have guns, so why should we allow them to have ideas.”
- Joseph Stalin

"One may have a blazing hearth in one's soul, and yet no one ever comes to sit by it. Passersby see only a wisp of smoke rising from the chimney and continue on their way."
- Vincent van Gogh

//yea, I collect quotes.
Dude, I wish I'd found this thread before it went to hell in a handbasket.

I DM a six-player D&D group, and my groupies are nice enough to collect funny quotes from the game. Here are some of our best:

Aina, the party druid encounters a particularly nasty water trap after setting fire to some centipedes.
Aina: "There's nothing better than burning things down when there's paintings that try to drown you."

Aina's player explains to a hallmate why exactly the party's planning to kill the town leader.
Fuuma, explaining to Karen: "My idea was that we go back to his place, have him do stuff for us, take his stuff, and then kill him. Everyone else was like Yeah!"

After a drunken night in the tavern with the Fey, the halfling rogue, Aifric, the gnomish sorcerer, tries to convince the DM that his intentions for returning to the whorehouse are honorable ones.
Aifric: "What do you think I would do in a whor- oh yeah. I don't pay for sex."
Aina: "No it's free, it's over there." (and points at Fey)

Saber, the half-dragon monk, makes sure his prisoner, the town alchemist, doesn't try escaping again by tying the guy to a bed post.
Saber:"I tie him to the bed post, he’s sitting on the ground. No kinky ideas here."
Aina:"Our party’s not like that."
DM:"Yet."

This one speaks for itself. This is what happens when the DM gets busy.
Lala (dwarven ranger): "There are people attacking."
DM: "Hold on, the people are getting stats."

When asked to justify his actions, Aifric responds...
Aifric: "I’m not insane, I’m horny. There’s a difference."

Fuuma: "Can I roll for initiative?"
DM: "Do you want to attack them?"
Fuuma: "Um…yes…"

When confronted with a question about clotting and heal checks, the party bursts into song as the DM checks the DMG.
Fuuma: "Does the heal make the clot, does the heal make the clot, hi ho the derry oh, does Aifric make the clot?"
DM: "The DM looks it up, the DM looks it up, hi ho the derry oh, the DM looks it up."
Everyone: "And Aifric doesn’t clot, and Aifric doesn’t clot, hi ho the derry oh, and Aifric doesn’t clot."

DM: "Besyrwan (the NPC gnomish bard) is sort of obsessing over his rapier."

Aifric attempts to open a locked door with disasterous results/
DM: "You jam in the lock whatever you used to pick the lock on the door."
Aifric: "My finger hurts."

NPCs have a spirited discussion and the party wants in on it too.
Aina: "The spirit of Aina protests."
Aifric: "The spirit of Aifric says 'Yeah!'"
Aina: "The spirit of Aina goes 'Shut up, spirit of Aifric'."

Besyrwan flirts with Fey.
Besyrwan: "Come climb aboard my wagon."
Deanna: "Did you say climb aboard my wife?"
DM falls off her chair laughing.

Riven's griffon, Velor, is hit by an arrow. What does Riven do next?
DM: "Well, you can pull the arrow out of his flesh."
Riven: "No, I'm gonna leave it there for decoration. Hang (stuff) off of it."
Aina: "Man, I always wanted a towel rack on this thing."

Saber and Aina confuse a simpleminded wyrmling dragon and her pet bard by pretending to be trees.
Pick: "Max, this isn't a tree!"
Max Arengo: "Well, is it talking to you?"
Pick: "I don't know." Calls out to the copse where Saber and Aina are hiding/ "Are you talking to me?"
Saber: "No."
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Count Duckula,May 9 2004, 09:24 AM Wrote:When asked to justify his actions, Aifric responds...
Aifric: "I’m not insane, I’m horny. There’s a difference."
There is?! :lol:

Some good stuff there Ducky. It sounds like you guys must have fun. My other favorite was

Quote:Saber and Aina confuse a simpleminded wyrmling dragon and her pet bard by pretending to be trees.
Pick: "Max, this isn't a tree!"
Max Arengo: "Well, is it talking to you?"
Pick: "I don't know." Calls out to the copse where Saber and Aina are hiding/ "Are you talking to me?"
Saber: "No."

I picture some Shrek does D&D scene - Shrek holding up a couple leafy twigs and muttering "Um.. No." :lol:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Hi everybody,

Another one I recently came across:

"A wise man never contradicts a woman. He waits until she contradicts herself..."

-- slogan of an Ouzo-advert

Greetings, Fragbait

PS: kinda sorry to hear adamantine is gone. Methinks this whole argument wasn't really necessary in the first place, but - oh well...
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
I feel like adding one:

"Some of us have to run a little faster because we got a later start."

This is from memory, so it might be a little off.

This is from Coolio's "C U When U Get There," which contains the foundation of Johann Pachelbel's "Canon." It is part of the soundtrack for the movie Nothing to Lose.
-scrape
How about them apples? They say they do not fall far from the tree, and that one can spoil the whole bunch. Well I say we may not all be rotten, but we are all spoiled.
degrak.com
degrak youtube
Quote:Some good stuff there Ducky. It sounds like you guys must have fun.

We do. We didn't play this week because everybody's got exams and papers. And I have more quotes, but most of them revolve around Aifric being a horny little halfling and spouting random curses whenever he got upset. (He got Feebleminded by a high-level elven mage, and in PnP D&D there are only four ways to cure Feeblemind, and the only arcane spell out of those four was the only low-level one, and the party's only arcane magic user was the one who got Feebleminded. :lol: Aifric leveled, so I encouraged the player to take a level of barbarian so I could make him a special rage where he got to less than half his HP and spouted curses and everyone within hearing distance had to make a will save not to crack up. He loved it.)

The game-before-last involved a wild mage, and one Nahal's Reckless Dweomer later, the Shield Guardian the party's fighting manages to fall in love with him.

Last week's game was a crossover with the other D&D group on campus. I borrowed their drow wizard, who found a nifty way to fight sand golems: rip up a house (via Telekinesis) and beat the golems up with it.

Some things just don't translate well into quotes. ;)
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Quote:PS: kinda sorry to hear adamantine is gone. Methinks this whole argument wasn't really necessary in the first place, but - oh well...
Ah, well. I think he had plenty of warnings to clean up his act.

Here is my epitaph;

If you grab the bull by the tail, you must also deal with the horns. -- old Texan saying

An ounce of pretention is worth a pound of manure. -- unknown

Arguments over grammar and style are often as fierce as those over IBM versus Mac, and as fruitless as Coke versus Pepsi and boxers versus briefs. -- Jack Lynch

It is not wise to consider your profanity sacred when you are a visitor in someone elses temple. -- me

... and tipping my illusionary helm to Nico, How to Write Like a Wanker
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

"Hide the monster inside
your expression a constant lie." - damnengine

* All credibility, all good conscience, all evidence of truth come only from the senses. - Friedrich Nietzsche

A language is never finished. Those who speak a finished language and think they speak all truth in the name of logic and feeling good about themselves speak nothing. Binary mechnical animals. If machines become human they will love us, not destroy us.

Mocking is the lowest form of intelligence, the meaning of linking how to write like a wanker is to feel good about ones superiority. Purely american then, which is so great here. No-one that's not a pretientious form of turd will read farther than a few lines.